ITS MORE THAN BUSINESS, ITS A RELATIONSHIP
WBI Home Warranty LTD. was established as a subsidiary of Wilson M. Beck Insurance Services with a focus on Multi Family Developments. Partnering with Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
We are proud to be associated with Wilson M. Beck. Their 35 years of notable experience in providing insurance to the construction industry, combined with our stellar team’s collective years of experience, adds up to an incredible 100 years of all-round experience to be shared with you, our valued clients.
When WBI first opened for business, it was important for us to create an environment encompassing the genuine values that reflect who we are. Our exceptional relationships with our clients and within our WBI family makes us love coming to work in the morning. We strive to help our clients solve problems and find solutions.
YOUR SUCCESS, IS OUR SUCCESS
Warranty & Coverage
What exactly is Home Warranty Insurance?
The quick answer is that it protects new homes in British Columbia against construction defects such as materials and labor, building envelope and structural defects. At WBI, we provide New Home Warranty Coverage for builders and homeowners in BC and Western Canada.
We understand what it takes to get a deal done and our flexibility is unique in the home warranty business and we know that time is money.
A few reasons why developers, large and small, are doing business with WBI:
- Our 2/5/10 new home warranty is underwritten by Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. (RSA)
- Developer Deposit Insurance – up to 50 million single project capacity underwritten by GCNA
- Purchaser Home Bond – we assist in presales by having the purchaser use less of their money to satisfy the deposit requirements. (RSA)
- Course of Construction Insurance and Wrap Up Insurance through Wilson M. Beck Insurance (our parent company).
Our mandate is to simplify the process and make the experience easy and pleasurable for our clients and their homeowners at all times.
Give us a call, we love to listen.
Homeowner Warranty Insurance protects homeowners from a range of construction defects for designated periods of time:
- 1 Year Coverage
- Any material or labour defect in your home
- 15 month coverage for defects in material and labour for the common property in a condominium strata only
- 2 Year Coverage
- 24 month coverage for defects in material and labour for major systems
- 5 Year Coverage
- 5 year coverage on building envelope, including coverage on unintended water penetration
- 10 Year Coverage
- 10 year coverage on major structural items
WBI Home Warranty Ltd. can also provide Homeowners Insurance and other Personal Insurance Products.
Give us a call to find out all the things we can do for you.
Home warranty insurance protects new homes in British Columbia against construction defects such as materials, labour and building envelope deficiencies.
The coverage includes –
- 2 years on labour and materials
(some limits apply)
- 5 years on the building envelope including water penetration
(2-5 year warranty insurance)
WBI CONSTRUCTION SERIES PROGRAM
Changes to the Homeowner Protection Act Regulation have now been made to create an enhanced licensing system for BC residential builders. All licensed builders will be required to take Continuing Professional Development Courses in areas related to the residential construction industry as a condition of renewing their license each year. As a valued builder member we want to ensure you obtain your credits for renewal.
For more information regarding requirements visit –
HPO Pre-Approved – Continuing Professional Development Courses
– Dates –
To register, call or email